Cover of their 1st Album
What you ultimately get is a band whose songs and style prove that they have truly been inspired by both The Beatles and Metallica.
Here is the song list from their first album: (I have included the inspirations for those of you who may not be fans of either band, or only one or the other)
1. Sgt. Hetfield's Motor Breath Pub Band (obviously a play on James Hetfield & Motor Breath crossed with The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Pub Band)
2. Revol-ooh-tion (The Beatles' Revolution)
3. Blackened in the U.S.S.R. (a cross between Metallica's Blackened and The Beatles' Back in the U.S.S.R.)
4. Sandman (a cross between Metallica's Enter Sandman and The Beatles' Taxman)
5. Helvester of Skelter (a cross between Metallica's Harvester of Sorrow and The Beatles' Helter Skelter)
6. A Garage Dayz Nite (a cross between Metallica's Garage Days and The Beatles' A Hard Days Night)
7. Anesthesia (I'm Only Sleeping) - this one is an Instrumental (a la Metallica's Anesthesia - Pulling Teeth)
8. Leper Madonna (a cross between Metallica's Leper Messiah and The Beatles' Lady Madonna)
9. Ktulu (He's So Heavy) - (a cross between Metallica's The Call of Ktulu and The Beatles' I Want You)
10. For Horsemen (Metallica's Four Horsemen)
11. Hey Dude [Probably my favorite song on the album - a twist on The Beatles' Hey Jude]
12. Sgt. Hetfield's (Reprise)
13. ...And Justice For All My Loving (a cross between Metallica's And Justice For All and The Beatles' All My Loving)
The Band Members
Even the Band Member's Names are a Tribute:
Jaymz Lennfield - Vocals, Lyrics, and Rhythm Guitar
Grg Hammetson - Lead Guitar and Background Vocals
Kliff McBurtney - Lead Bass and Background Vocals
Ringo Larz - Drums Only!
As you can hopefully tell, this band is absolutely hysterical - I had the immense pleasure of seeing them Live, just a few weeks ago, and I had an Absolute Blast! (I have seen Metallica, Paul McCartney, and now Beatallica - all Live and all three shows rank up there in my top favorite concerts attended!!) So, if you get the chance to see Beatallica Live - Definitely Do So!!
Here some other song titles that they sang in concert:
Hero of the Day Tripper (they played this song, for the very 1st time, at the concert that I attended! - a cross between Metallica's Hero of the Day and The Beatles' Day Tripper)
The Thing that should not Let It Be (a cross between Metallica's The Thing That Should Not Be and The Beatles' Let It Be)
Masterful Mystery Tour (a cross between Metallica's Master of Puppets and The Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour)
Please Please Me, Or I'll Beat You (my favorite song of the evening - a play on Metallica's 2 X 4 and The Beatles' Please Please Me)
Their 2nd album is hopefully going to be coming out in March '09, sometime around St. Patrick's Day, so hopefully some of the above mentioned songs will be on the new album - it is still going through the legal stuff - Lars and Metallica are fans, though I am not sure that Sony (who holds rights to The Beatles) is. . . in the meantime, they have released a new single - All You Need Is Blood [a spoof of The Beatles' All You Need Is Love] :-)
If you want more information, visit their website at: http://beatallica.org/
Well, hopefully I have peaked your interest in Beatallica!
If you are a fan of Metallica, I definitely think that you will enjoy Beatallica - if you are a fan of The Beatles (but not a Metallica fan) I am not so sure - my wife, who doesn't particularly like Metallica (I know - what a shock!) happens to be a HUGE Beatles fan [I personally prefer The Doors over The Beatles] Anyway, whenever I am playing Beatallica, my wife says that they make her nauseous and that she feels that she needs to listen to The Beatles to purge herself of "Beatallica's Butchering of The Beatles" - her words - a bit dramatic I would say! ;-)
So, it's all in your taste ~ give them a listen and decide for yourself!
I am going to leave you with a personal story, which I think is pretty funny. I was listening to Hey Dude, in my truck, the other day and my 4 year old daughter was in the truck as well - the opening stanza of Hey Dude says "Hey Dude - it's true not sad - take a thrash song and make it better - Remember, that metal is in your heart. . ." At this point, my daughter pipes up and says, "Dad, if metal is in your heart, you would die! Only Jesus can be in your heart!" Too Funny!! :-)
Beatallica - A Garage Dayz Nite: