Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Minus Faction (Episode 1): Breakout [Book Review]

Genre - Action-Adventure/Mystery/Sci-Fi/Thriller
Year Published - 2014
Length - 124 (digital) pages
Written by Rick Wayne

Rating: 5 Skulls

Plot Summary:
The Minus Faction is a super-powered sci-fi thriller about extraordinary abilities and how not to use them.

In Episode One. . .

Beaten. Burned. Broken.

Capt. John Regent returns a paraplegic after escaping months of captivity and torture - except no one knows who took him or what he disclosed.

When a government agent  comes for answers, she discovers John's fantastic secret and sets him at war with his own country. But the veteran in the wheelchair has one last mission, and he'll fight of the powers-that-be long enough to save the life of a troubled soldier - even if it costs John his own.

Review:
I hate to admit this, but this is one of those books that have been sitting in my Kindle app's carousel for who knows how long. (long enough for the covers to change, hence the two different covers shown.)

Let this be a lesson to any authors reading this review - even if it takes me a (long) while, I will definitely get to your book, sooner or later. (I obviously bought/downloaded it for a reason.)

Episode Five of this series was just recently released, which jogged my memory of Episode One sitting patiently waiting to be read...
(Episode One is currently Free, on Kindle! Whether this is due to the recent release of Episode Five, I do not know, but I suggest that you download this book ASAP!)

For those of you who have read my reviews of Ken Preston's 'Joe Coffin' series, this is a series written in a similar "episodic" format. (You can easily picture this story as an episode of a television series.)

Episode One starts off with a bang and doesn't let up the entire time! Wayne has created some well-established characters, (one of which is even named Ayn Rand) and I will definitely be reading the rest of this series!

If you can't already tell, I definitely recommend this one!

Jason

No comments: