Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 2012 "Wrap-Up"

Well, here we are, the last month of the year!

Best Book of the Month:
I only read one book this month, which was 'The Passage' by Justin Cronin, and since I wouldn't be able to give the book justice, I'll just re-quote what Stephen King had to say about the book:
"Every so often a novel-reader's novel comes along: an enthralling, entertaining story wedded to simple, supple prose, both informed by tremendous imagination...
Read fifteen pages and you will find yourself captivated; read thirty and you will find yourself taken prisoner and reading late into the night...
Read this book and the ordinary world disappears." 
- Stephen King (from the back of the book)
I have to agree with the above.

Best Movie of the Month:
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
(I've seen mixed reviews on this one... I for one, loved it! See it in IMAX 3D, if you can)

Runner-Up:
The Hole 
(directed by Joe Dante - fantastic!)

Other movies that I watched this month:
(in the order that I viewed them)

Lawless
The Apparition (the only worthwhile thing about this movie is Ashley Greene)
Removal (good movie!)
Accepted
Strippers vs Werewolves
Dragon Wasps
Rock of Ages
Bikini Bloodbath
The Dog Who Saved Christmas
The Grace Card
12 Disasters of Christmas
Christmas with Holly
Flight of Fury
The Watch
Chernobyl Diaries
The Day
Dead Season
Bloodlust Zombies
The Good Doctor
Stolen
Premium Rush

Best App of the Month:
Having had my Samsung Galaxy Note II for just over a month now, I would say that the most useful app that I've discovered thus far is 'Smart Wi-Fi Toggler' - this app automatically senses when I leave a wi-fi zone, shutting my wi-fi off for me, and automatically turns wi-fi back on whenever I enter an approved wi-fi zone.
The Note II already has an exceptional battery life - this helps make it even more so!


Well, that wraps-up the year, month-by-month.
Tune in, around this time next week, for my "Year-in-Review", summing everything up in one short, simple post.

I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!

Jason

No comments: