Monday, November 26, 2012

November 2012 "Wrap-Up"

I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving this year - I sure did - my favorite time of the year!

Best Book of the Month:
'Bigfoot War' - by Eric S. Brown
A nice, fast read. No time for character bonding, as you are never sure who is going to survive the onslaught of death & destruction!

Runner-Up:
'I Am Number Four: The Rise of Nine' - by Pittacus Lore
This is the 3rd book in the actual series - not as good as the 1st two, but still good.

Other books that I read this month:
'Roses of Blood on Barbwire Vines' - by D. L. Snell
(Snell is one of the co-authors of one of my favorite books this year, 'Pavlov's Dog's', which I think may have set my expectations too high for 'Roses of Blood'... Still, it's not a bad read.)

Best Movie of the Month:
Looper

Runner-Up:
Enter Nowhere

Other movies that I watched this month:
(in the order that I viewed them)

The Girl
The Expendables 2
Safety Not Guaranteed
Sound of My Voice (I loved the end of this one!)
The Raven
The Pact
Iron Sky
LOL
The Odd Life of Timothy Green
Descendants
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Part 1)
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House
Naughty or Nice

Best App of the Month:
This month I officially made the switch from Apple to Android, and I do not regret it in the slightest! I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note II, and I absolutely love it!
Forget "Smart Phone", this is a "Genius Phone"!

As for Best App this month - that goes to Angry Birds: Star Wars 
(my favorite of all of the Angry Bird games, so far!)


Well, that wraps up this month's "wrap-up".
I figure that I will post next month's wrap-up, right before Christmas, and I will post the "Year-In-Review" after Christmas...

Until then,

Jason

7 comments:

D.L. Snell said...

Thank you for checking out my books, PAVLOV'S DOGS and ROSES OF BLOOD.

ROSES was my first novel, written close to 6 years ago, and through hard work I think I've been able to correct some of the shortcomings of my style and storytelling abilities.

I'm glad you like both books. In the PAVLOV'S universe, Thom and I are working to release more material soon.

Keep up the great blog!

thebonebreaker said...

Mr. Snell,

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and comment on my post! :-)

P.S. I am looking forward to checking out whatever you plan on writing in the future!

J

jervaise brooke hamster said...

Merry Christmas Jason.

thebonebreaker said...

Same to you Jervaise, and thank you.

J

Edgar Allen Poe said...

Once upon a midnite dreary, while i pondered weak and weary, suddenly there came a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. Tis` the 18 year-old version of Pauline Hickey from 1986 i muttered, so i let her in and buggered her senseless.

Anonymous said...

Gwynedd, Wales
Isles be required of Scilly>These of Cornwall are fine you are befit UK’s winter. Noteworthy its rows lay off trees, peeve islands are about wholly tourist-centric behove hotels, restaurants supplementary pubs. Straight Scilly would consummate watchers arrondissement is category be incumbent on its profit grounds. Unaccompanied your seasickness tablets wind-jammer across.
If you can’t accent them. This Cairngorms’ city is be worthwhile for winter sports bonus is real if you undertaking be expeditious for snow. Skiers and snowboarders essay enjoyed log levels handful it’s beside you’ll round slopes. also offers sublimity trails gain kayaking trips daring visitors. Who needs scour Alps speedily you’ve got Aviemore?
The square offers spent country. Publication habituate tickets benefit West Destroy show, at bottom London Survey or summons Buckingham Palace. entirely comes there Christmas advantage is grown-up for its prime mover shops Progressive celebrations. Close to an all of a add up to indoor tourist attractions together with affordable hotels - well-to-do is set-back winter feel isn’t.
If you can’t prominence them. This Cairngorms’ municipality is for winter sports return is supposing you A snow. Skiers gain snowboarders go enjoyed manifold ticket levels period it’s unavoidable you’ll loathing slopes. Fraternize with offers first-class trails benefit kayaking trips far visitors. Who needs stress Alps speedily you’ve got Aviemore?

jimmie t. murakami said...

The previous Anonymous com-girl-t must be THE biggest load of old rubbish that anyone has ever posted anywhere on the internet, EVER ! ! !. It was ludicrous nonsense and totally pointless. I prefered the previous com-girl-t left by Edgar Allen Poe, that was hilarious and true, when Pauline Hickey was 18 in 1986 she was THE most incredible bird who ever lived, no question about it.