Monday, December 18, 2017

Year in Review: 2017

Here are the Top Ten Books that I read this year:
[an asterisk* denotes published this year]

*Bane County 2: Returning Moon by +J R Rice​​

Dark Gold by David Angsten

*Death's Mistress by Terry Goodkind

The Dragon's Blade: The Reborn King by Michael R. Miller

*The Dramos Saga by +Franklin E. Wales​​ (even though this one, legitimately, is a short story collection, it reads like a novel, hence its inclusion in this list)

The Hell on Earth Series by +Iain Rob Wright​​ (The Gates/Legion/ and why these books are included in this year's list *Extinction)

*Hex-Rated by Jason Ridler

Nightwalk 2 by D. Nathan Hilliard

The Swarm by Frank Schatzing

*Undisclosed by Steve Alten

BONUS here are my Top Three Short Stories/Novellas from 2017:

Beneath the Ziggurat by +David Dubrow​​ (this was one of the first books that I read this year, and it remained one of my top favorites, all year long!)

The Final Reconciliation by +Todd Keisling​​

Wallflower by +Chad Lutzke​​

If you are still looking for Christmas gifts, any of the above novels, novellas, or short stories will make for excellent gifts, in my opinion!

My Top Twelve Movies of 2017:
(I am giving you 12 this year, because my top two are absolute must-see movies, if you have not seen them already - the other 10 are the ones that I enjoyed over all of the others, primarily for their entertainment value.)

#1 Movie of the Year goes to Wind River
#2 movie of the year goes to Baby Driver

Here are my other Top Ten (in alphabetical order):
Keep in mind that this year I hardly watched any art or foreign films, and a few of these get their nomination simply due to their repeat viewing value with my children...

Beauty and the Beast
The Fate of the Furious [Fast & Furious 8]
Get Out
The Great Wall (I have seen this one on more than one "Worst of '17 List", but I thoroughly enjoyed it!)
IT
Logan
Spiderman: Homecoming
Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi
Thor: Ragnarok (this one knocked Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2 off the list)
and last, but not least, Wonder Woman

Here are my Top Ten Movies [released prior to 2017]: (again, in alphabetical order)

The Accountant
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Ben-Hur (the 2016 re-make)
Creep
Hacksaw Ridge
Jack Reacher 2: Never Go Back
La La Land
The Love Witch
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Why Him?

Before I sign off, here are My Top Three New Television Shows of 2017 [in order]

The Orville (I absolutely love this show - I looked forward to it each week!)

The Good Doctor (Freddie Highmore is Fantastic!)

Training Day (R.I.P. Bill Paxton)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all!

Jason

No comments: