Monday, October 24, 2016

ZOO, ZOO 2, and ZOO Season One

Once again, I am having issues posting the cover art. :(

Zoo is written by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge. It is a quick, enjoyable read with a very well thought out premise behind why animals are suddenly attacking humans. However, if you want to read a book about animals rising up against humans, then I suggest that you read Iain Rob Wright's 'Animal Kingdom', which I found to be even more enjoyable.

I enjoyed Zoo enough that I wanted to read its sequel. Zoo 2 is written by James Patterson and Max DiLallo. This book made me wonder how much James Patterson was actually involved in the writing of this story. This book felt extremely rushed and wasn't near as good as the first book, which was disappointing.

The reason behind me reading the above books is that there is a television show based upon them (the first book anyway), and I prefer to read the source material first, if at all possible. Big mistake in this case! The show is nothing like the books! They changed the characters, added new ones (which isn't that big of a deal), went with a completely different premise behind it all... UGH! 

Disclaimer: Generally, I finish a season before reviewing it, but in this case I have only watched the first four episodes (the 1st disc). I am so perturbed right now that I am not sure if I am even going to finish the season. I just do not understand why they would differ, so much(!), from the source material.

If you have seen the show, and it gets better, please let me know.

Jason

No comments: