Monday, February 25, 2019

Day Shift

Book 2 in the Midnight, Texas trilogy.

This book is completely different than the second season of the television show, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. While I very much enjoyed Season 2, the book had much more mystery surrounding it. (The only thing the same with the show vs the book is the building of the Midnight Hotel - nothing else, which makes me wonder if perhaps Season 2 was actually based on Book 3? Guess I will have to find out.)

This book is much more character driven than the first book, expanding on what was laid out in the first book, and as I already mentioned, there is a good mystery within the story. Also, there are two different tie-ins with the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series, which I loved!

Looking forward to Book 3!

No comments: