Sunday, February 5, 2017

Death's Mistress: Sister of Darkness (The Nicci Chronicles, Volume 1)

ONE OF GOODKIND'S ABSOLUTE BEST!

Once again, Goodkind has taken me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. If you are/were a fan of Goodkind's earlier works, then this one is a must read!

I, of course, would suggest reading all of 'The Sword of Truth' series (beginning with Wizard's First Rule and ending with Warheart) before reading this one, but the good news is that you don't really have to.
There are several instances that allude to the prior books, however I believe that this book could stand on its own. (If anything, after reading this one, you will want to read the others, while waiting for the next book in this new series to come out.)

Goodkind has gone back to the basics with this one, creating a thoroughly captivating and totally engrossing story - one that any adventurer/quest-lover will totally absorb!

The only thing that I didn't like about this book is its cover. (I am sorry, but the cover portrayal of Nicci is completely off-base, in my mind, as is Nathan Rahl in the background.)

That said, I have no doubt in my mind that this book will make it into my "Top Ten" list at the end of the year.

Jason

No comments: